Tuesday 10 January 2012

My Beloved Bag - Mulberry Bayswater


Chanel has the 2.55, Dior has the Miss Dior, Hermes has the Birkin and Mulberry has the Bayswater. These bags are classic, and so ingrained into fashions consciousness that they are named and stories of ownership are doted over. Every season they are brought out in trendy hues of patent green and dazzling silvers, but the most popular designs are the timeless muted tones of leathery soft black and warm browns.
Although I do love many different handbags, my enduring love affair has been with the Mulberry Bayswater. Since I was 12 the simple and sensible design has appealed to me, with the only detail a crisp metal lock. Finally last month my dreams came to an end and the reality of owning the Bayswater were here. The only sad fact in this story is that I am unable to actually get my hands on it before my birthday in JUNE!
But knowing that in my room back at home sits a beautiful, timeless handbag with my name written all over it is enough. Since I began staring at the glossy pages of fashion magazines I dreamed of this bag and I couldn't think of a 21st birthday present with more longevity and passion behind it.

Photo from mulberry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment