Friday 25 March 2011

My Beloved Print - The Stripe

Coco Chanel gave stripes the style factor when she adopted them, and since then the striped top has become a staple item in the wardrobe of fashionistas all over the world. I was brought up on a diet of old school glamour, in which Audrey Hepburn donned a classic stripe top and capri pants combo, and Marylin Monroe used stripes to exetuate her assests.
Yes they symbloise sailors and prison, but picked wisely, the only thing that stripes reflect viewer is style. Due to Chanel they are synonamous with a french womans ability to look chic and effortless whilst manipulating a mans wardrobe to look sexy on the female form.
To me my multitude of striped tops symboise weekend dressing, which thanks to the lack of formality at University, I am able adpot throughout the week. They are casual and effortless, but timeless and stylish rolled into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment